eChalk's new publishing tools will allow you to customize your school or district homepages and public subpages to create a unique presence on the Web. With so many layout options and ways to organize your site's content, the possibilities are endless.
To help you get started, here is a sample layout that your school or district can create for your own site using the News Theme. The sample layout below features all the basic content areas you may see on a school or district homepage. This layout includes a photo gallery, featured events and Quick Links, a Principal's message, latest news and fundraising area.
A Footer Link List area at the bottom of the site ensures that important information can't be missed no matter where your visitors land.
Of course, you can customize and change any parts of this layout to showcase information that's important to your school or district!
- Site Info: To update the site title, school colors and logo view instructions here.
- Navigation: To create pages and create navigation links view instructions here.
- Footer Link List: To add a header link list that displays icons linking to your school's social media pages, see instructions here.
|QUICK LINKS||Link List Block|
|FEATURE EVENTS||Events Block|
|PRINCIPAL'S MESSAGE||Text Block|
|LATEST NEWS||Feed Block|
|SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL||Text Block|
Where To Go
To create this layout for your new Homepage, you will log in to your site and click on the site tile. From there go to Manage Web Site > Pages.
What To Do
- Click on the green + button, enter a page title i.e. Home, and click Create.
- Click Edit to begin building your page.
- The URL will display for your new page. Click the pencil icon to change the page name or customize the URL.
- Click Add New Row.
- Select the 25% 50% 25% row layout and click Choose.
- Click Add Content in the left 25% block and select Link List from the menu. View instructions here to add a Link List block.
- Click Add Content in the 50% block and select Image from the menu. View instructions here on adding an Image block.
- Click Add Content in the right 25% block and select Events from the menu. View instructions here to add an Event block.
- Click Add New Row.
- Select the 33% 33% 33% row layout and click Choose.
- Click Add Content in the left 33% block and select Text from the menu. View instructions here on adding a Text block.
- Click Add Content in the middle 33% block and select Feed from the menu. View instructions here to add a Feed block.
- Click Add Content in the right 33% block and Text from the menu. View instructions here on adding a Text block.
Note: To add images in a Text Block, you can click on the Insert Images button in the Rich Text Editor Toolbar and select images from School Resources, My Files, or My Device. Once you have added your image, you can click on it and click the Link button to hyperlink the image to a web URL.
14. Click Add New Row.
15. Click Done Editing to save the changes to your page.
16. Click Preview to preview your page and/or click Publish to publish your page to the web.
17. Click on Pages from the left menu and check the box next to the homepage you've just created.
18. Click on the Make Landing Page button and the new homepage you've just created will display when visitors view your site.