Once you have created your grading periods, you can choose which ones to use for a class section. Depending on whether you have the same group of students across multiple grading periods or whether you only have a different group of students each marking period, you can assign two or more grading periods or just one grading period per section. If you keep the same group of students across more than one grading period, you have the ability to assign a different weight to each grading period. i.e. the first grading period may be worth only 40% of the student's overall grade, but the second grading period is worth 60% of the student's overall grade.
Where To Go
To assign grading periods such as Fall 2020, Spring 2021, etc. for use in a class section, you will log into your site and click on the class tile. Click Gradebook.
What To Do
- Click on the title of the class.
- Select a class section.
- The gradebook for that class section will display.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Edit Grading Period.
- Click on Add Grading Periods..
- Select existing grading periods or type in the name of a new grading period and click Add.
- Enter a number for each of the grading periods you've added to set the percentage of the student's grade the grading period will count towards. The percentage will be automatically calculated for you depending on the numerical value entered for the grading period. The total should equal 100%
- Click Save.