Our second February 2018 release features were available beginning 8AM on Saturday, February 24th, 2018. Read below for information on the great new feature you have on your site.
ARIA Landmarks For Improved Web Accessibility
With our second February release, your site will now have even better web accessibility with the use of ARIA Landmarks! These regions allow screen reader users to easily jump from one section of your web page to another without navigating through every single link on the page. The following anchors are currently implemented:
- banner - used for site header content
- navigation - used for site navigation area
- main content - used for the main area with all page content blocks
- any user-generated content block is identifiable as a separate region and utilizes the Block Title as the title of the region. You must use block titles if you wish to navigate via the region.
- content info - used for the site footer content
View best practices on how you can improve the accessibility of content on your school or district web site here!
View our full release notes.