Once you have created your categories, you can choose which ones to use for each of your class sections.
Where To Go
To assign categories such as Extra Credit, Homework, Quizes, Exams, etc. for use in a class section, you will log into your site and click on the class tile. Click Gradebook.
What To Do
- Click on the title of the class.
- Select a class section.
- The gradebook for that class section will display.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Edit Categories.
- Click on Add Categories.
- Select existing categories or type in the name of a new category and click Add.
Note: Ungraded is a default category with 0 weight. The ungraded category is used to track work that is not factored into the student's grade.
- Enter a number for each of the categories you've added to set the percentage of the student's grade each category will count towards. The percentage will be automatically calculated for you depending on the numerical value entered for each category. The total will equal 100%
- Click Save.
Questions? Contact your site administrator or eChalk Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.