For more information and step by step instructions, click on the hyperlinked keywords to find out more!
Log in to your new eChalk site.
You have been given the URL for your new eChalk site. Log in to begin exploring your account. Click on the tile for your school/district group and begin configuring your site.
Define your site’s Appearance.
- Under Manage Web Site > Appearance > Site Info click Edit to update your site’s Title, Motto (if applicable), Colors, and Logo.
- Continue on to Manage Web Site > Appearance > Theme click Edit to choose a Design Theme and Fonts.
- Continue on to Manage Web Site > Appearance > Header Footer to customize the Header and Footer regions of your site.
Note: Remember to click Update to update your site with any changes you have saved in the Appearance area.
Create site Pages.
- Under Manage Web Site > Pages you can edit existing standard pages and create new pages for your site. Click on Home Page to edit the current home page of your site. You can also change the Default, or Home page for your site to a new page here.
About Pages: Pages are composed of different Content Blocks in Rows. You can add multiple rows and choose from a variety of Row Layouts that will determine the size of each Content Block.
About Content Blocks: You can add Text, a Feed, Events, Images, a Video, a Social Media Feed, and Link Lists to any content block on your page.
Note: Remember to click Publish to make a page available on your public site. For visitors to see that page, add it to your Navigation (see below).
Build your site’s Navigation.
- Add Navigation Folders and Web Links so site visitors can access all the great content you’re creating. You can create Menu Folders and add Published Pages, School or My Files Resources, and Web Links to Navigation. Reorder your Navigation content by dragging and dropping items where you want them to appear.
- Resources – Add files to your site from your computer or device; organize your files in folders. Adding a file as a Resource will store the file for use on your school site. You can then publish a Resource so site visitors can see it by adding the Resource to your site Navigation (see above).
Don’t see the Resources button on the left side toolbar? Click Back to School on the top right of your screen.
- Feed Posts – Create a Feed Post with Text, Attachments, Images or Video. You can choose whether any post will be visible on the public web site as you create it.
- Calendar Events – Add events to your school calendar. You can choose whether any event will be visible on the public web site as you create it.
Refine your site configuration.
- Now that you have added content to your site, you can go back through the steps above to add or change your Logo, customize your Header/Footer, add Pages, add Content Blocks to existing pages, or include additional Navigation elements.
For detailed instructions on any of the site management tools described here, please access other Site Administrator articles in the eChalk Help Center.
Questions? Contact your site administrator or eChalk Support at email@example.com.