The Mosaic Theme is for the district or school that wants to highlight it's content front and centered on their web site. The Mosaic Theme features a side navigation menu and content boxes with varying shades of the primary and secondary as background colors. Like all eChalk themes, it is fully responsive and compatible with all devices.
How Colors Are Used
- The Mosaic Theme heavily uses the primary color selection and is the background color which overlays the rotating header images in the side navigation menu. Click here to see how the primary color is used in this theme.
- The secondary color selection is used as the background color for some of the content boxes and is also used in events and other areas. Click here to see how the secondary color is used in this theme.
- The tertiary color is not used in this theme. Click here to see how the tertiary color is used in this theme.
- Header Images (the main background images) with low contrast and more negative space work well.
- Header Images should be at least 1024 px by 1024 px so they do not appear pixilated or blurry on the homepage.
- Logos sit on top of the background images so they display best when they are monochromatic with a transparent background. Consider a slight drop shadow on the logo to ensure it displays well on top of background images containing the same color.
- Logos should not exceed 300 px by 300 px.
With the Mosaic Theme, you can:
- Add Images to a theme Header area. Header Images will automatically create a rotating slideshow background for the navigation area if multiple images are added.
- Add a Feed block to the Header area. Header Feeds will display under the navigation links on the left side of the page.
View an example of the Mosaic Theme here.
Questions? Contact your site administrator or eChalk Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.